1. When someone drives over the speed limit knowingly, and then complains when they get a speeding fine. If you don’t want to get fined then follow the road rules. Don’t brag about going fast and then rage when you get caught. Either stop being a dick head and showing off, or cop the fine and don’t complain about it.
2. I hate when men speak disrespectfully about women around me. This isn’t me having an “all men are pigs!” jab or anything, I’m just saying that I can’t stand when men openly speak about women in disrespectful ways. For example, don’t take me out or call me up or whatever, and then sit there and talk about some “hot piece of ass” that you want take advantage of. It’s not even that I don’t like you expressing your attraction to another woman, but when you start using vulgar language and gestures, or start bragging about your last weekend’s sexual experience, it really is a turn off. I hate when men talk about women like their just their for their amusement. I especially hate this kind of behaviour if you have a girlfriend. Don’t sit there and brag about cheating or wanting to cheat to me. I’m not saying that only men act this way, because I’m sure plenty of women do, but I’ve just experienced with a lot of males lately.
3. Self-serve check out lanes is a great idea; they’re quick, easy, and lines are normally shorter than waiting for someone to serve you. However it really gets to me when people do their monthly shopping at a self-serve check out. They have a million items and they go through, scan them all, place them all in bags, take their time choosing their payment method, then load all the bag into a trolley… I feel like five years of my life has been lost while stand there with a blank expression of hate as I wait for them to hurry up. If you have a heap of items to pay for, please, please, use the normal registers. I wish they’d make it a 15 items or less express lane, rather than allow people to do their weekly shopping; it takes up so much time. I’ll be waiting with one thing, grinding my teeth and eventually give up and go through the normal lane anyway. Packing your own bags and trolley takes even more time, why do people not get that? They hold up the whole lane! Perhaps the 15 items or less express signs would be a good investment for self-service registers.
4. Something I really hate is talk show radio. What’s worse is they put talk shows on in the mornings and afternoons which is when you’re most likely in the car. I hate going to work, or coming home and having to listen to radio hosts talk about their life and their latest experiences. Most the time it isn’t even funny, and I’m flicking through stations to try and find a song. I know that we have CD players, and iPods and all that kind of stuff, but sometimes I do like to hear new things that are on the radio. I like to keep up with what the cool kids are listening to – mainstream music is cool, right?! But the only real time I turn it on is in the car, in the mornings and afternoons… when talk shows take over.
I’d much prefer to head bang along to some new Rhianna or Reece Mastin song in the morning than listen to people drone on about how their kid fell over yesterday.
5. For those who don’t know me, well I’ll have you know that I’m a Twilight fan. Yes, I know, it’s themost uncool thing in the world, but back in high school I read the books and got addicted. I was 16 and I assure you, I was one of those lame girls that fell in love with Edward – I even had a t-shirt that said “I love guys that sparkle”. I don’t know what I was thinking to be honest, I really was quite lame. Well, I’m not like that anymore. I don’t have my Edward posters up or my home made Twilight college on my wall; in fact, the whole idea annoys me a little. I still enjoy the books, and though I think the movies are terrible I still rush out to see them. But you know what annoys me about the Twilight craze? Bella. I hate the way she was written and the way she is acted out in the movies. Okay, so perhaps she’s exactly how she should be in the movies, but her character in general just irritates me. Reading the books over makes me actually dislike the way she is, and then having Kirsten Stewart play her in the movies doesn’t really make me like her character anymore. The acting is shocking from all of them, but something about her makes me want to cringe. I know she’s meant to be awkward, but I feel like it’s so over done. Even in the books – she’s so, so, annoying!
That’s what gets on my nerves about Twilight, not the annoying crazy fans like I used to be, but how annoying the Bella character is.